MIC by SMARTPM: Smart automation aimed at generating value
AUTOMATION PLATFORM FOR THE MACHINING INDUSTRY
1. HIGHER PRODUCTIVITY
- Maximises use of installed capacity
- Improves Lead Time
- Reduces process variability
- Dynamically plans and manages process flows with minimal intervention
- Minimises preparation time
- Productivity indicators in real time
- Adaptability to different configurations
2. HIGHER QUALITY
- Human Error Reduction (HER) by:
– Minimising manual information load
– Reducing handling operations
- Reduction of diagnostic times supported by Data Analytics
- Integration of different quality control technologies
- Increased operation times of metrology equipment
- Quality visibility in real time with greater precision
3. COMPLETE MONITORING
- Real-time cell monitoring and follow-up on a single platform (assets, references and process flows).
- Identification of operations with little added value
- Dynamic management of plans and capacity
- Traceability of references, plant, machinery and equipment, and tools
- Integration with information managed by the other IT solutions (ERP, MES, PLM, etc.)
4. FOR PEOPLE
- Comprehensive safety/security (people, IT, equipment)
- Easy to install and minimum start-up time.
- User-friendly straightforward setting-up, enabling generation of automation routines
- Ergonomic design with customisation options
- Both local and remote accessibility
- Alarm management
- Easy maintenance / update
- Multi-language and multi-site
5. PROFIT & LOSS ACCOUNT
- Reduction of OPEX (electricity, personnel, etc.).
- Economies of scale thanks to greater use of assets (lower investments required).
- Lower consumption of material and reduction in waste generated and stock (lower defective volume and stock).
Thus, this module will include the following functionalities:
- Cell preparation and study of resource availability.
- Flexible management of plans and capacity.
- Automation of workflows and autonomous execution, sharing NC files, acting on handling equipment/robots.
- Quickly incorporating process changes (volume, processing route, part typology, etc.) and/or scalability thereof.
- Adaptability to different configurations both those of the machine and control of the work in progress (e.g. Wip management).
- Quality improvement, MIC Inspect, facilitating control in processes, reducing ‘good part at the first try’ ratios.
SINGLE POINT FOR EASY INTERACTION WITH PROCESSES AND ASSETS
MIC UI es el módulo MIC Front End is the cell management interface with the environment. The application of this user-friendly solution with configurable profile to be adapted to different user profiles, will enable:
- Viewing key cell operation indicators, including equipment status, workflow status, parts being processed, finished parts, etc.).
- Both local and remote accessibility.
- Generation of customisable dashboards with dynamic contents, charts, etc.
- The option of launching events through MIC Core.
- Importing / Exporting data (work orders, planning, etc.), external systems such as ERP, MES, CAM, SCADA, PLM, etc., with the option of manual input.
- Alarm management.
- Traceability management; Characterisation of each critical component (feedstock, finished product, semi-finished product, tooling); and the option of identifying and locating, if applicable (option of working with different solutions: Barcode, QR, RFID, UWB).
Along with MIC Core, this is a critical module to provide clarity and transparency to cell management.
This module will allow:
- Easy integration of assets with different configurations.
- Managing NC files with equipment, with the option of autonomous generation of CAM files.
- Modifying the machine parameters introducing corrections in an autonomous way.
- Autonomous generation of not only basic but also secondary operations with a robot.
- Defining equipment data flows to be captured to address MIC Data and MIC Front End module needs.
In response to the growing importance of quality management within the process, this MIC Inspect module provides autonomy and manages inspection, control and metrology assets associated in an integrated way as well as at the end of the line.
- Different technologies can be used to work in a consistent way, providing 360º vision.
- It introduces management of pre-setting sub-processes identified in work flows.
- Automation (e.g., reducing loading/unloading times, improving planning to avoid long periods of downtime), facilitates improving usage while extending hours of operation to minimise the risk of bottlenecks.
- Active management of data quality and data normalisation.
- Integrable with different communication protocols.
- Mixed architecture – on-premises, edge & cloud.
- Ease data access and data export option.
- Accessible for external data processing modules (e.g. simulation tools).
- Flexible and scalable.
- Safe: incorporating security protocols according to industry standards.
The MIC platform is a live solution which incorporates new modules and functionalities on a regular basis. This module allows easy management at the client’s premises to maintain their plant and equipment in perfect working order.
Thus, this module enables:
- Easy installation: software architecture is oriented to facilitate implementation so that projects are not endless, and the system can be operative when needed, reducing start-up costs.
- This user-friendly straightforward tool configuration enables the generation of automation routines without changing the code, and supported by a Graphical User Interface (GUI) and in wizards for change adjustment/introduction.
- Easy to maintain/update: it enables conducting software maintenance activities (installation, updating, configuration) both locally and remotely, in addition to minimising associated costs.
- Physical assets
- Internal procedures and productivity KPIs
- Quality protocols and demand requirements (takt time)
- Supplier management
- Linked IT environment and security policies
- Improvements in terms of process quality and efficiency in general
- Improvements in machining functions and metrology
- Determination of workflows
- IT layer alignment
- Implementation of industrial automation dynamics, etc.
- Executing lines of priority actions
- Implementing and setting-up the automation platform (MIC) with the scope defined for each customer
- Turnkey focus
- Ex-post accompaniment and follow-up of impacts caused
To be the trusted partner in smart automation of production processes as a means to generate competitive advantage and an evident economic return from the integration of industrial processes.
Who’s it aimed at?
Pick&Place, Warehouse, Robot, CNC
Pick&Place, Warehouse, Robot, CNC, CMM
Pick&Place, Warehouse, Robot, CNC, EDM, CMM
How can we do it?
Ⅱ. MIC DE SMARTPM
- An open modular software platform
- 360º focus: process / machining / metrology up to the end product integrating IT with OT
- Flexible, robust, scalable and reconfigurable architecture.
- Easy to use / Plug & Play
- User-oriented rather than technology-driven solution guided by processes and products.
- Platform development and continuous improvement
Do you want to maximize the production and quality of your processes?
Tell us your needs and we will help you with the best MIC solution